Monolith Soft x News 2014
Monolith Soft's X Combat is Shown Off, Based on Xenoblade
August 23, 2015 – 09:24 am
While JRPG fans that adored Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii may have been hoping for a release date for Monolith Soft's latest in Nintendo's most recent Direct broadcast, we had to settle for some real-time in-game footage of the combat system. It was exciting to see, as it was the first time that a sustained period of gameplay had been shown without cinematic flair getting in the way.
Satoru Iwata explained that the combat in Monolith Soft's X is based on that of the popular Wii title, though naturally the development team are seeking to make improvements. As a result there's the team dynamic and real-time move selection, with the quick-time-event boosts and recharge periods for attacks also present and correct. In the two minutes of footage shown the lead character also jumps into a mech to finish off a small creature before engaging into a larger battle; we'd speculate that mechs can only be used for limited periods of time, as the player eventually exits for more hand-to-hand fighting.
For those that enjoyed the intense, real-time battles of Xenoblade Chronicles — which we certainly did — this looks enticing. Nintendo hasn't released this excerpt of the Nintendo Direct separately as yet, so check it out below thanks to DuskBit.
What do you think? Does this raise your hype levels for Monolith Soft's project? Let us know in the comments below.
You might also like
X (Monolith Soft) Nintendo Direct Février 2014
Science View Topic Kit - It's Alive!
Toy (Delta Education)
- No Assembly
- Easy and safe cleanup
- Activity cards and newsletter included
Laugh Lines for Educators
- Staff lounges.
- Bulletin boards.
- Meeting icebreakers.
- Newsletters.Laugh Lines for Educators is just the right pick - me - up to bring a lighthearted
Mobile Application (Thomas App Drive)
- 1. Their Supplier Directory, listing over 8 of the world s top suppliers - that s more suppliers than you would even find in two month s worth of Google searches...
- 2. An interactive members forum - the place to meet others sellers and share advice. This is run by Community Manager, Marc Ransom.
- 3. An eBay Tips center, for eBay strategies and the latest eBay news and hot trends.
- 4. Their Research and Analysis Lab, a software tool that crunches the numbers and determines what products will make you money!
- 5. A Learning and Training Center, teaching you all you need to know to get started and ramp up your online selling.
- 6. Bonus Guides: 7 PDF eBook s covering hot topics like sourcing electronics, drop shipping and finding fantastic suppliers.
- 7. Comprehensive customer support -- 12 hours per day, from Monday - Friday. That s right -- access to real, experienced support staff who will answer your questions...
- 8. Access to a newsletter series which covers the basics of online selling from the myths of importing to deciding what to import and how to manage orders and listings...
- 9. A 60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE -- no risk if you decide it s not for you after you test it out and go through all the information they provide.
Software (Topics Entertainment)
- Design & publish any document you can imagine - with PDF & commercial printing output
- Ideal for home, small business, school, college and professional users alike
- Packed with over 2, document wizards, 300 fonts and 600 object styles
- Deluxe Graphics pack includes 60, clipart images, 20, superb photos, and 20, ready-to-use internet graphics
- Includes a bonus 100, Deluxe Graphics Pack DVD
TOPICS ENTERTAINMENT Workforce Bible ( Windows )
Software (Topics Entertainment)
- Learn the profound messages stored in thsi ancient work, and the impact it has had through the ages
- Complete guide to all book of the Bible, as well as information for better understanding
- Simple search tool for finding the right Bible verse, no watter what situation
- Also includes clip art for decorating Christian newsletters and bulletins